Mozart's Name Day: Halloween Stories for Music Lovers
A downloadable Kinetic Novel for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
Mozart's Name Day is a series of five short horror stories by FMA3110, originally released for Android in 2012. They're no longer available on the Google Play Store, but since they were published under a Creative Commons license, I decided to port them to Ren'Py to share with other music lovers.
In FMA3110's own words:
Can horror stories be more than just entertainment?
Of course they can, therefore, inspired by the fact that I'm born on the 31st October and I am a Mozart fan, whose name day is celebrated on the very same date, I wrote this story.
It's not just text: images and, above all, music are part of the experience.
The Ren'Py version features text-to-speech support, including added captions for important text in the images of the first story. Press V to enable or disable self-voicing.
- First Name Day: Don Giovanni
- Second Name Day: Organ piece for a mechanical clock
- Third Name Day: Syncopes
- Fourth Name Day: Diggi, Daggi
- Last Name Day: Requiem
In addition to some sound balance adjustments, I took the liberty of making minor changes to the text for grammar and clarity. Any typos remaining are probably my own. Please report any errors or bugs in the comments below.
- Due to technical problems, the full credits are missing from the last episode. I will add them as soon as possible.
- Some pieces in the music room are incomplete.
- Mac and Linux versions are included for convenience but have not been tested. If anything explodes, please post your crash log (traceback.txt) so I can find the problem.
Happy Halloween, and Happy Mozart's Name Day!
|Published||39 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac OS X, Linux|
|Tags||halloween, Horror, kinetic-novel, Music, renpy, Short, Story Rich, Visual Novel|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial v4.0 International|
|Average duration||About an hour|
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.